So a little over a week ago the planet Earth was lucky enough to gain the awesomeness that is my new baby niece.
The stats:
Birth date: Monday, March, 26th 2012
Time: 1910
Weight: 8 lb 6.2 oz
Length: 21 in
Gender: Female
Cuteness: infinity
I didn't get to see her the evening she was born (bummer I know, but I'm glad my bro & sister-in-law got some time to themselves with her before the madness erupted). Although I didn't get to see her that night, I did get hear her while talking on the phone with my bro.
I got to see her early on Tuesday morning, about 8 o'clock, which should tell you right there my level of excitement & dedication because I'm usually not up that early unless I'm having digestive issues. I got to hold her, and give her kisses, and tell her how beautiful she is, and stroke her full head of hair!, and just be the proudest aunt & sister ever. We got to go back later in the afternoon after my mom and I went a little wild at Target buying baby girl stuff. I was about ready to buy her a barbie car (the ones little kids can drive, with the phone, you know?) so I was getting just a tiny bit ahead of myself. We also got to skype with my other brother, sister-in-law, & nephew while at the hospital. Benson told my brother that he wanted to see the baby. I can't wait until May 6th when I can see both my nephew & niece together--it might cause some kind of natural disaster having that much cuteness in such close proximity.
When I found out my brother Jon & his wife Alicia were pregnant, I was so excited, but part of me was worried that by having another niece or nephew (we didn't find out the gender until she was born) it would make me love my nephew Benson less, or that I would love the baby less, basically I felt like I would have to pick one that I loved more because it wouldn't be possible to love them both as much as I loved Benson. As soon as I heard her little voice through the phone, before I even saw her, I understood that I had nothing to worry about. It's so hard to explain, but I don't even know this little girl yet and I already love her as much as I possibly can. I would do anything for her. And I still love my nephew in the exact same way. It's obviously a little different because I have a relationship with Benson. He is old enough to know who I am and we have already shared so many wonderful times together. With Kaylee, she is so little and brand new and I would just love to be able to hold her all the time.
Seriously though, I love those 2 kids more than I ever thought I would be capable of loving anything. I mentioned this a couple weeks ago to a friend, but it is so true. I would easily take a bullet, jump in front of a train, do whatever for those kids, it would honestly be one of the easiest decisions I would ever make. Considering it takes me 5 minutes to decide which loaf of bread to buy in the store, it helps put things into perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment