The adventures of an almost 30 female, embarking on the journey to adulthood...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Arthur Post-op Day 1

Arthur has his surgery yesterday and I was able to bring him home around 6:30pm. Initially he seemed to be doing really well, but after about 1/2 hr I couldn't find him anywhere in the house (my mind immediately went to "oh my gosh! he must have collapsed somewhere in the basement). It turns out he was laying on my bed, which made me worry as well because he never sleeps on my bed without me in it. He also seemed to be in a lot of pain. So I did what any good person would do...I called my mother. I was reassured that I would probably be in pain too if someone was digging around in my bladder all morning.

Anyway, he seemed much better today. I'm still a little worried about his urine output. He will just sit in the cat box, a little bit will come out, he'll walk around for a little bit, and then go back in and try again. I talked to the vet & she said that it's more of an issue if in an extended period of time he isn't producing much urine. I guess I just need to give it a couple days and keep a close eye on him.

Also...the vet had to tell me how sweet of a cat Arthur is. There was another cat there just hissing & screaching away, and Arthur was just in his kennel purring and hanging out. Love my little buddy.


1 comment:

  1. Apparently I accidentally deleted the one I initially posted...oops!

    ReplyDelete