The adventures of an almost 30 female, embarking on the journey to adulthood...

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Heartburn Hump Day

It's day 4 today of my 7 days on & my second week on with my new schedule times. Since July I had been working 1:30 pm - midnight and now my shift has changed to 4 pm - 2:30 am. I feel a smidge less zombie-like than last time, but last night was pretty rough. I guess it will take some getting used to for my brain to perform high level functions after 1 o'clock in the morning.

For some reason I only seem to get heartburn when I'm at work. Is this a sign of stress? I'm not sure, but it feels like a made a peanut butter sandwich with way too much peanut butter and it is slowly moving down my esophagus and occasionally getting stuck on the sides...not pleasant. I seriously only get it when I'm at work. I did purchase some TUMS awhile back, and you would think since it's only a problem at work that I would just bring the whole bottle to work...well that would be the logical thing to do. But there it sits in my cupboard at home. The other day my co-worker was kind enough to give me some pepcid, gotta love pharmacists. We carry the most random stuff. Goal for tomorrow: Bring TUMS to work. I think this will be achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment