What I did during my stay in the great state of North Carolina:
- built lego sets (and rebuilt, and rebuilt...) made a jail with a sweet trap door for the prisoners to escape. The best part was Benson play talking with his "guys" and telling them all about the trap door. I also made a sweet pyramid out of duplos, it was just 2D, I'm thinking about going for the 3D next trip. It had some sweet base structuring around it too, and according to Benson was "perfect".
- got caught up on my disney channel with "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", "Curious George", "Phinneus & Pherb", and of course Benson's new favorite "Octonauts"
- marching around the kitchen table with Benson singing the new smash hit "Chicken & Rice" to the tune of the "Creature Report" song on "Octonauts" the night that we ordered Chinese food for supper
- my brother getting me hooked on the show "Sherlock"--which I'm not even sure I will get on TV since it is a BBC show, but at least I'm all caught up to the 3rd season
- the joys of EST and 0700 being 0600 in Sioux Falls--but it being great laying in bed in jammies with my mom & nephew hearing about the "Robot Cats" and playing with legos that aren't particularly sturdy on a bed surface (refer to the first item listed of "and rebuilt, and rebuilt") "Robot Cats" are the imperial walkers in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by the way. He loves that movie now, he truly is my brother's son
- Benson being able to say the real names of all his airplanes--seriously, this kid knows what all their names are...
- building a Lowe's racecar at "Build & Grow" at the Lowe's store in Mooresville. This is such a cool thing, it's free for kids and they do it every 2 weeks. Look into it if you have kids. The projects are all pretty simple and the kids get to take them home.
- harvesting corn on my "Farm Story" game, it was pretty funny when he woke up from one of his naps and one of the first things he said was, "your corn is ready?"
- reading books, especially Sunday night when I read my favorite with him "Pokey Little Puppy", which really has no real plot or valuable lesson but it is the cutest thing ever when he says "Pokey Little Puppy", also cute as crap when he reads "Bears on Wheels"..."One on one again." :)
- enjoying the awesomeness of the Keurig coffee maker--I'm going to stick with the Wal-Mart special Mr. Coffee coffee pot I have right now, but Keurigs are pretty sweet
- Me laying down the beat while Benson showed us his dancing skills
There was so much more, but the best part was being able to spend some quality time with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, & my mom. I am so blessed to have the great family I do and being able to go visit them. I love my famly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment